Pickford Film Center
Community Code of Conduct
Thank you for visiting Pickford Film Center (PFC), a nonprofit, community-supported cultural and educational organization. We are a community of film lovers, media makers, and knowledge seekers who strive to create an inclusive, welcoming, and safe environment where everyone can enjoy our exceptional film and education programs. We represent diverse views and experiences and we aim to treat one another—filmgoers, volunteers, tenants, board and staff alike—with respect, courtesy, and kindness.
We adhere to proper movie-going etiquette, including:
- Keeping our electronic devices dark, silent, and out of sight
- Avoiding disruptions of films in progress with conversation or loud noises
- Protecting our theater seats by keeping our feet on the floor, with shoes on
- Refraining from smoking, vaping, or chewing tobacco in any area of PFC theaters or buildings
- Understanding that, for everyone’s safety, extra seats cannot be added to sold-out screenings
- Following all PFC staff member instructions
- Attending only the screening printed on your ticket
Most importantly, we value the personal safety of all members of our community. Everyone has the right to enjoy our programs and activities free of harassment, threats, mistreatment, or discrimination. We reserve the right to revoke access to any of our activities for anyone who does not adhere to PFC’s code of conduct. For this reason, the following activities are strictly prohibited:
- Harassment, including:
- Bullying, intimidation, stalking, or threats in person or online
- The use of epithets, slurs, or negative stereotyping
- Sustained disruption of events
- Violence or assault of any kind
- Inappropriate or unwanted physical contact
- Physical intimidation or blocking
- Unwelcome sexual attention, innuendo, or joking
- Non-consensual production or distribution of harassing recordings
- Comments or actions that minimize a person’s lived experience, identity, or safety
- Deliberate outing, misgendering, refusal to respect someone’s gender identity, or use of pre-transition names
- Possession of explosives, firearms or any weapon (real or simulated), or other similar items into our theaters.
- Any conduct that endangers the life, safety, health, or well-being of any customer, guest, employee, vendor, or other member of our film community.
What to do:
If you experience or witness inappropriate conduct, let a staff member know right away.
You may also email us at email@example.com (please provide your contact information, and as many details as possible).
If you feel you are in immediate danger, please alert a staff member if possible, move to a safe location, and call 911.
Respect our home:
PFC reserves the right to permanently ban any person from PFC facilities for violations of this Community Code of Conduct, including the right to revoke membership, without notice or refund, from all future PFC events, programs, and lobby.
The Community Code of Conduct applies to all customers, ticketholders, students, parents, members, donors, board members, employees, vendors, press, tenants, visitors, and guests. By visiting our theaters or engaging with the PFC community through phone/email communication or social media channels, you acknowledge that you are aware of and will adhere to this code of conduct.