NOW PLAYING

Dir: Louis Schwartzberg
NR, 120min, USA, 2019

Fantastic Fungi is a vivid journey into the mysterious subterranean world of mycelium and its fruit— the mushroom. A story that begins 3.5 billion years ago, fungi makes the soil that supports life, connecting vast systems of roots from plants and trees all over the planet, like an underground Internet. Through the eyes of renowned mycologist Paul Stamets, professor of forest ecology Suzanne Simard, best selling author Michael Pollan, food naturalist Eugenia Bone and others, we experience the power, beauty and complexity of the fungi kingdom. The film is a blueprint for what connects all humanity and the natural world. There is much to learn from the world of mycelium and Fantastic Fungi is an inspiring place to begin the process of bringing us together as interconnected creators of our world.

Did you participate in the live stream Q+As on Fantastic Fungi Day (March 26) – or did you miss it but wish you could check it out? You’re in luck – all three Q+As are available to watch HERE.

With each screening of Fantastic Fungi purchased, Pickford Film Center will receive 40% of the ticket price and the distributors and filmmakers receive the other 60%. Thank you for supporting the Pickford and the arts as we navigate these uncharted waters.

 

Available to rent for $4.99 or buy for $14.99 
 
TO VIEW THIS FILM:
  • Click the button above, or follow THIS LINK to the secure virtual screening room created just for patrons of Pickford Film Center.
  • Rent for $4.99 for a 48hour streaming period or buy for $14.99 and watch anytime
  • For any questions regarding streaming, device, connection, or payment issues, you will need to reference these links and reach out directly to that site’s customer support.
  • For non-streaming questions, please feel free to reach out to PFC support at info@pickfordfilmcenter.org

I don’t think I have to tell people what mushrooms can do, but this movie is set out to be a mind-blowing trip about the world of fungi.
— Amy Nicholson, FilmWeek