NOW PLAYING

dir. Matt Riddlehoover, 2020
NR, 90 min, USA, in English
WATCH TRAILER   

In 1951, Catholic schoolgirl Vivian Liberto meets handsome Air Force cadet Johnny Cash at her local San Antonio, Texas skating rink. Their whirlwind summer romance lays the foundation for a feverish three-year-long correspondence while Johnny is stationed in Germany. Thousands of letters later, the two marry upon his return in 1954.

Within a year, a career blossoms and a family is started. By 1961, Johnny Cash is a household name, number one on the music charts, and perpetually on tour. Meanwhile, only two weeks postpartum, Vivian settles into their custom-built home in Casitas Springs, California with their four young daughters. Plagued by bobcats, rattlesnakes, all-hours visits from fans, and a growing resentment toward her husband’s absence, Vivian is pushed to a near breaking point when she and her daughters are targeted by hate groups over her perceived race.

In My Darling Vivian, we will meet the first Mrs. Cash as her daughters, Rosanne, Kathy, Cindy, and Tara, share with us first hand, for the first time, the entire story of love, isolation, fear, heartbreak, and survival.

With each screening of My Darling Vivian purchased, Pickford Film Center will receive 40% of the ticket price and the distributors and filmmakers receive the other 60%. Thank you for your continued support!

ALL TICKETS: $9.99

 

 
TO VIEW THE FILM
  • Click the button above on Friday, June 19 to purchase entry to our digital screening of My Darling Vivian for just $9.99 in our secure virtual screening room created just for patrons of Pickford Film Center.
  • Create an account and complete your purchase, you can also gift a screening to a friend or family member.
  • Need help? Visit our Virtual Screening Room FAQ