Dir: Chris Durrance, Barak Goodman
PG-13, 101 min, USA, in English, 2019
A secretive, high-tech gerrymandering initiative launched 10 years ago threatens to undermine our democracy. Slay the Dragon follows everyday people as they fight to make their votes matter.
“Slay the Dragon is the most important political film of the year, and it may prove to be one of the key political films of the decade. It’s a documentary about gerrymandering, and offhand it would be hard to think of a subject less sexy — or a phrase less inviting to audiences than “a documentary about gerrymandering.” But that issue, more than any other, is the subject from which American democracy now hangs. By a thread.” —Variety
With each screening of Slay the Dragon purchased, Pickford Film Center will receive 50% of the ticket price and the distributors and filmmakers receive the other 50%. Thank you for supporting the Pickford and the arts as we navigate these uncharted waters.
ALL TICKETS: $6.99
TO VIEW THIS FILM:
- Click the button above or visit THIS LINK to purchase entry to our digital screening of Slay the Dragon for only $6.99 on Magnolia’s secure virtual screening room created just for patrons of Pickford Film Center.
- Create an account and complete your purchase. You can also gift a screening to a friend or family member.
- Watch as much as you like for 3 days!
- For any questions regarding streaming, device, connection, or payment issues, you will need to reference these links and reach out directly to that site’s customer support.
- For non-streaming questions, please feel free to reach out to PFC support at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Slay the Dragon is an excellent film that tells the story of how politicians used gerrymandering to cheat the American people out of equal representation for the past decade and how committed, organized citizens can fight back to restore fairness to our elections. With the next redistricting process set to take place in 2021, the message of Slay the Dragon could not be more timely or more profound – we must end the era of politicians choosing their voters and give power back to the people, where it belongs. Our democracy is at stake.”
— Former Attorney General Eric Holder